If you’re wondering exactly what a one-way video interview is, you’ve come to the right place! One-way video interviews have been around for years but are becoming more popular due to the rise in work-from-home positions and of course Covid-19. If you’ve received an invitation to complete a one-way video interview, keep reading to find out what to expect and we’ll even give you some tips at the end!
Here’s what to expect:
- You’ll receive a link to access the one-way video interview.
- Once you accept the invitation, you can create a confidential SparkHire account.
- You can use your desktop, laptop, or mobile device to complete the interview. If using a mobile device, you’ll need to download the SparkHire application.
- Once you begin the interview, you’ll receive the first interview question and you’ll have unlimited think time to prepare your answer! How cool is that? You don’t get unlimited think time in a live interview. There’s a pause of awkward silence or maybe a nervous feeling in your stomach.
- You record your answer and then click submit. We usually give you the option to re-record your answer so no worries if you mess up. Again, you don’t get that option in a live interview!
- Once you complete all the questions, you click submit again and your video interview is sent to us. We’ll receive a notification that we have a video interview to review. That’s it! You’re all finished!
- If you need help, SparkHire has outstanding 24/7 support available to help you!
Top Benefits of a one-way video interview
- Convenience! There is no going back and forth trying to find a mutually beneficial time to complete your interview. You can literally complete it at midnight if that’s what works best for you!
- Less Stress! Have you ever arrived at your interview location only to be overwhelmed because you don’t know where to park? Or the building is so huge that you don’t know which entrance to go to? You’ll have none of that during a one-way video interview. You can (and most do) complete the interview in the comfort of their own home!
- Save Time! You won’t need to take the day off from your current job to complete your interview. You can complete the interview after work, before work, during your lunch break, etc.
- Find a quiet place where you can complete your interview. This way you can focus and there also won’t be any background noise! You definitely want your interviewer to hear your answers.
- Be in natural light if possible. It can be distracting to an interviewer if you are sitting in a dark room. Plus, you want to be professionally dressed and you definitely want the interviewer to see that. It will show how serious you are taking this opportunity and your level of professionalism.
- Smile! These interviews are completely confidential so don’t be nervous and worry about the interviewer sharing your interview with the world or posting it on social media. That is totally against company policy! Be yourself, relax, and smile!
- Dress professionally. Even though you are able to complete the interview at home, you at least want to put on professional attire and look as neat as possible.
We currently use SparkHire to complete our one-way and even live video interviews. For more information about the one-way video interview, feel free to view SparkHire’s own video below. Good luck!